Saturday, April 9, 2011

A fairytale ending..

John Galliano.. Dior. What happenend ? John Galliano, the king. This extraterrestrial genious man. What happened ? Why did an era end like this ? Well, did it end ? The fact is, that when you say something like he did, people will see you differently. But does that change his art ? His outrageous way of expressing himself through fashion ? Probably not. What he created was always one of my biggest inspirations when it came  to fashion. I always thought of him as this crazy but somehow genious creature. He was so brilliant that I didn´t even think of him as a living person but an piece of art for himself. Is that the problem ? That no one saw HIM ? The human being. And if so, didn´t he make us think so ? So many questions. But the one question we have to ask.. Does his behavior change our opinion of him ? Well I first was a little disappointed. But when I read what Carine Roitfeld said about him.. How he must be really lonely.. And that what he said was just because he was damn drunk.. I thought about it. And being drunk doesn´t change what you say. But I have to say that I still see him as an absolutely genious designer. Even if he said something that is totally unappropriate. I hope if Carine was right, he will see that as a chance to get back to the roots: art. And the whole pressure won´t touch him anymore. Because he´s too good to end. He´s the King. He shouldn´t forget why he deserves the crown. And we should think about what our part is in that story. How do you even get to this point ? Well, not completely without us.. So, John Galliano. A tribute to you. I take a bow. But I want you to come back to earth. Or wherever you are from.


No comments:

Post a Comment